LEOS Planning Applications – Brooklands Road/Locke King Road housing developments
The Society is putting in Objection letters regarding all 3 planning applications for the LEOS St George’s Gardens housing developments.
There would be a total of 243 new homes, covering the North and South areas on Locke King Road. The largest two are:
Link to 2023/2169 – St George’s Gardens South
168 flats in 4 blocks and 18 3-storey houses = 186 units
The flats will have a basement car park for 185 cars and each house will only have one parking space.
Link to 2023/2170 – St George’s Gardens North
43 flats in 2 blocks and 10 3-storey houses = 53 units
The flats will have surface parking for 43 cars and each house will only have one parking space.
The deadline date for comments has been extended to 9th October for 2023/2169 and 2023/2170.
We encourage residents who are concerned about how these massive developments would transform the character of the Brooklands Road area, to also send in their own comments.
The main grounds are:
- Impact on traffic generated by proposed 243 new homes
- Impact on infrastructure – schools, health services, etc
- High-rise blocks of flats out of character in residential area
- Blocks of flats – unimaginative architectural design
- Overdevelopment of the site – density way in excess of Elmbridge guidelines
- One parking space per 3/4-bedroom townhouse inadequate
- Planners must consider the cumulative effect of so much development in and around Brooklands
- No affordable housing provision