Information provided by SCC
Surrey County Council will be constructing a shared use pedestrian and cycle path along Heath Road, Weybridge between Weybridge Station and Brooklands Lane. This scheme will provide a wide path, separated from traffic that both pedestrians and cyclists can use to improve sustainable travel options in the area as well as accessibility to and from Weybridge Station.
- Start date: Saturday 15 February 2020
- Duration: 5 months
- Traffic management: Works will be conducted on the western side of Heath Road and will largely take place off the carriageway in order to minimise traffic disruption. The pavement will be closed while they are undertaking the works. Pedestrians will be diverted to the pavement on the eastern side of Heath Road while this closure is in place.
- Site compound: This will be located in the gravel layby opposite Highpoint. The layby will be closed for the duration of our works and no parking will be possible in this area. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Contractor: The works will be undertaken by the council’s contractor, Colas Ltd.
The work is all part of the wider £2.89m project supported by the Enterprise M3 Local Enterprise Partnership, Elmbridge Borough Council and Surrey County Council aimed at improving travel choice and sustainable transport accessibility in the area, to be taken forward up until March 2021. Other project components include:
- Provision of a walking/cycling route between the Brooklands Business Park and Weybridge Station and improving signage to assist those travelling on foot or by bike in the area.
- Providing better public bus facilities in the Weybridge – Brooklands area.
- Seeking to make improvements to and safeguarding access through private roads in Brooklands.
- And potentially improvements at Weybridge Station including increasing cycle storage (full scope of improvements to be confirmed and is contingent on agreement with/additional funding from South Western Railway).