Weybridge Festival & Community Fair 2024
Save the dates: Friday 14th – Sunday 23rd June 2024
Welcome to the Weybridge Society website
Here you can find out about the Society as well as lots of information about the town of Weybridge.
Regular postings are made in the main menu categories of:
Current Activities – concerning the Society’s work
Community News – items of general interest locally
Events – the Society’s own plus others of interest to residents
Who We Are
We’re a community association, open to all, working to keep Weybridge a great place to live!
What We Do
We track local proposals and projects on traffic, parking, building and the environment….
By joining you influence local developments and get the latest info about what’s going on….
Who We Are
We’re a community association and a registered charity, open to all, working to keep Weybridge a great place to live! For over 60 years we’ve been representing local residents in the public interest: our focus is protecting and enhancing Weybridge! We take action on a broad range of issues, from local services in health and transport to building developments, traffic and parking, and our members are people who care about living in a lovely, lively and safe place and who want news about changes that affect us all.
We depend on active members to work together, but strength comes in bigger numbers — we’re always looking for people to join and be part of our organisation.
To see more go to Society Info
What We Do
We listen to local people and engage with elected officials, local authorities (Surrey and Elmbridge), NHS health bodies, and other organisations, in order to increase awareness of people’s concerns and aspirations.
Our activities include:
• Tracking local plans, building developments and infrastructure projects, gauging their impact and presenting local views in a rational, informed way. Our goal is always to ensure a positive result for the town
• Creating and implementing a vision for Weybridge
• Encouraging and supporting more healthy forms of travel
• Organising and promoting arts and cultural events
• Reaching out to educational institutions to involve young people in the community
• Donating funds to other charities, groups or individuals whose work contributes to the achievement of the Society’s objects
Many of our members have deep local knowledge as well as in specialised areas like planning, transport and health. We invite others to join our activities and get involved.
To see some of our past achievements go to Campaigns
We’re an independent registered charity with a mission to make Weybridge a great place to be, representing all the people who live, work or study here.
We monitor developments, champion improvement initiatives, and keep people informed about what’s going on in the area in a variety of ways, including social media.
Our website is a real mine of information about the town.
Membership is inexpensive and provides the following benefits:
• Frequent email bulletins with what’s going on in the area, including events and local development proposals
• Attendance at talks on a range of local topics
• Copies of our magazine
• Being part of a community that cares about making our town a vibrant place where everyone can thrive
Help make a difference – the more members, the louder our voice
Your annual membership simply helps keep us going, so join here!